[NCUC-DISCUSS] GNSO Standing Selection Committee Changes

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 14:30:56 CET 2017

Hi Rafik, Poncelet

GNSO SSC is going through a charter review

I thought I hear your comments on the following poitns

Two major review points

- SSC currently works via unanimous consensus
There was a suggestion to change this to majority
So far, the SSC has been succesful in reaching consensus
Chair and vice-chair suggested this be maintained
I am not sure how to go here.
We have had situations where it was a tough decision. I have held my
position, for instance, that underrepresented candidate pool have
different weighing - like women and underserved regions. This view is
not always shared by other SSC members, despite it being on charter
that we also have to observe diversty.
What do you think of this?

- Announcement of deliberation results
The announcement of SSC deliberation results currently is made public
before it is presented to GSNO Council to be confirmed.
There was a suggestion that this announcement be delayed once GNSO
Council confirms candidates.
This seems straightforward but what if we have a situation where SSC
and GNSO Council do not concur?
Will this difference be made public?
Will SSC be consulted again?

Thanks