[NCUC-DISCUSS] Session on termination of domains for hate speech at ICANN 60

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Sat Aug 19 14:13:37 CEST 2017

Being honest, I'm not sure of the relevance to ICANN here.
If we were at a Cloudflare conference I would agree as noted there is no process in that space.

But in ICANN space, there is policy which is being followed to the letter. There is no denial of access to infrastructure occurring here. There are private companies refusing service, as is their right, and ICANN policy on domain transfers within the 60 day window being applied. I don't see where the discussion in the ICANN sphere is needed. No registry has blanket denied access to their registry, no RIR has denied access to IP space, and ICANN has not issued any policy edicts on the topic.

I personally wouldn't support the hosting of such a discussion, as most of the unanswered questions exist outside the ICANN space and thus this meeting wouldn't be appropriate venue.