[NCUC-DISCUSS] Second India School on IG (inSIG 2017, 24-26 Oct, Technopark, Trivandrum)

Shahul Hameed shahul at computer.org
Tue Aug 1 11:36:15 CEST 2017

Dear all,

The First India School of Internet Governance (inSIG2016, https://insig
.in/2016) was held during 31 Oct-2 Nov 2016 at Hyderabad. inSIG2016 trained
44 participants from 9 countries, and had 22 speakers from 12 countries.
The programme was organized by ISOC-Trivandrum and ISOC-Delhi, both member
ALSes of APRALO, and was supported by NIXI, Govt of India; ICANN; ISOC;
APSIG; APNIC and IIIT-Hyderabad.

We are happy to announce that the Second India School on Internet
Governance (inSIG2017, https://insig.in) will be organized during 24-26
October 2017 at Technopark, Trivandrum, Kerala.

The city of Trivandrum is the capital of the State of Kerala, often
described as "God's Own Country", known for its historic trade links with
different parts of the world, it's picturesque backwaters & greenery,
natural produce such as spices and sandalwood, and its 100% literacy.
Technopark is one of the prominent the IT Hubs of Kerala employing over
60,000 professionals through more than 220 companies.

inSIG2017 is being jointly organized by ISOC-Trivandrum, ISOC-Delhi and
ISOC-Kolkata, all member ALSes of APRALO. It is supported by NIXI, Govt of
India; Dept. of IT, Govt of Kerala; ICANN (through APRALO/APAC Hub); ISOC;
APNIC; APASA, ASPIG and Technopark.

For Indian applicants, there would be 25 Fellowships covering travel, hotel
accommodation and fee waiver. There are 15 seats are reserved for
international participants but without travel/accommodation support (fee
waivers may be available). We expect international applicants to organize
their own funding for travel and accommodation. In addition to these two
categories, we will also be accommodating local applicants depending on the
available capacity.

Sessions will be handled by eminent experts from the Internet Governance
domain (including from supporting organizations, as well as from ICANN60,
scheduled for 28 Oct - 3 Nov at Abu Dhabi).

Please visit the inSIG2017 website at https://insig.in for more details,
including important dates. For any query, kindly contact info at insig.in.

With Kind Regards,

Shahul Hameed,
​Volunteer | Internet Society Chapter, Trivandrum​
​ (ISOC-TRV)​

​inSIG 2016 Fellow | APSIG & APrIGF 2017 Participant​

Team ​Member | Youth4Rights.asia​

@beingshahul |  (+91) 9495379530