[NCUC-DISCUSS] congrats, LAC, ballots and other things

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 15:21:40 CEST 2016

Hi
Congrats to all those elected! I'm sure you'll continue doing the great work you
have been doing already with those of us, the represented.
I'd like to thank all the candidates who asked my question/plea about LAC
engagement. You've provided great reflections on this topic and influenced my
vote as well as many others.
The discussion about the ballots, I followed a little late. So I could not join
those who signed for clarification, but they had my support too. Now the debate
will only strengthen next elections as things will be clearer.
I'd also like to apologize for using the word "intimidating' when referring to
one of the factors which prevented me for running for elections. It seems that
this carried way too much heaviness then I thought it would. I just meant that
when taking such a decision as to take on a leadership role, one must think
twice. My most important factor is that on July I've moved to another city and
changed jobs so this process along with a new leadership role wouldn't be
possible.
And hey, I have a new president. He says all women should be only housewives.
That should make for interesting times.
Best,
Renata