[NCUC-DISCUSS] Travel slots available for Hyderabad meeting

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Wed Oct 19 11:23:37 CEST 2016

On Oct 19 09:31, farzaneh badii (farzaneh.badii at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi Tapani
>
> I don't think we can re assign them quickly if in the end they don't get
> the visa.  but I think your suggestion makes sense.  Perhaps we can add
> that "have visa or be able to demonstrate that they can  obtain it
> quickly" .

While that may be difficult to demonstrate conclusively, indications
to that effect might be useful. In any case I see no harm for
indicating interest even if you need a visa, let the EC consider its
options.

For reference, in my case the longest delay was in getting the host
invitation letter, 6 days. After I got it I made the application at
Indian embassy on Friday and got "visa approved" message on Monday.
Little over a week in total. So it might still be possible to get the
visa in time.

--
Tapani Tarvainen