[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Info] NCUC schedule for Hyderbad meeting (3th - 9th Nocember)

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 01:45:10 CEST 2016

Hi Everyone,

I am sending here the information regarding the NCUC schedule and
activities during Hyderabad ICANN meeting so you can participate
effectively either there  or remotely (remote participation is available).
We are less 10 days away from the meeting and it is time to prepare.

*There will be an updated announcement later on when we get some
information, and detailed email about NCUC agenda.*

Maryam will keep us updated about those info and reminders (invitations)
should be sent soon with all details about the meeting and in particular
for remote participation.

For those who will be  in Hyderabad, we can find a way to keep in touch
there, sharing information, tips and so on.

In addition to that, info will be shared via our twitter account @ncuc and
our website ncuc.org .

*1- Schedule*

* for a detailed/agenda  for NCSG and NCUC you can check here in addition
to the full schedule *https://icann572016.sched.org/
<https://icann572016.sched.org/>*

We are going basically to have :

- An outreach event for academic in Thursday https://icann572016.
sched.org/event/8ePr/gnso-non-commercial-users-constituency-ncuc-outreach

- NCUC session in Sunday as Constituency Day https://icann572016.
sched.org/event/8czp/non-commercial-users-constituency-ncuc

*Another email will be send about the agenda consultation *

- A dedicated session for NCUC bylaws review discussion, open to all NCUC
members https://icann572016.sched.org/event/8cvQ/gnso-non-
commercial-users-constituency-ncuc-excom-meeting

- High Interest Topic "DNS and Content Regulation" https://icann572016.
sched.org/event/8g4p/dns-and-content-regulation-ncuc-group
*2- Highlights*

The topics of interests are:

- ICANN accountability discussion about the workstream 2 with a full-day
meeting in Wednesday 2nd November, where the different subgroups will share
progress reports

- Several High Interest Topics sessions : from Underserved Regions to Whois
updates or Internet Governance

- Several public forums for the new meeting format C

*We will try to send email with sessions of interests every day during the
meeting.*

*3- How to prepare for the meeting*

you can prepare by reading some material:

* Reading the  "GNSO background" briefing which will give summary of the
different active GNSO working group and policy processes that will be
discussed in Hyderabad. You can find it here http://gnso.icann.org/en/
issues/background-briefings .

   1. list of ongoing processes in GNSO and their status is here:
   http://gnso.icann.org/en/meetings/projects-list.pdf
   <http://gnso.icann.org/en/meetings/projects-list.pdf>
   2. GNSO policy activities: http://gnso.icann.org/en/council/policy
   3. Latest PDP updates http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/pdp-updates
   4. all relevant info to navigate in GNSO website in this single page
   http://gnso.icann.org/sites/gnso.icann.org/files/gnso/
   presentations/policy-efforts.htm
   <http://gnso.icann.org/sites/gnso.icann.org/files/gnso/presentations/policy-efforts.htm>

*You can find a special page about ICANN Hyderabad meeting from GNSO
here http://gnso.icann.org/en/icannmeeting
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/icannmeeting> *

* listening to the ICANN policy update webinar recordings for Hyderabad
meeting https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2016-02-08-en to get the
latest information about all policies within ICANN (not just for GNSO) .

* And checking the latest relevant announcement  here:
https://www.icann.org/news/announcements also ICANN blog, blog.icann.org,
also  #ICANN57 in twitter

* you can find all practical info about the meeting here
https://meetings.icann.org/en/hyderabad57

** During the meeting, while you can participate in situ or remotely it
will be efficient to list which sessions you would like to join and
interact , having in mind that for many you can check the recordings later
 which availability may differ (mp3 recordings and/or adobe connect and/or
transcripts)  *

*3- Additional Info*

please fill the doodle poll if you are going to attend ICANN meeting, it
will be a good opportunity to meet there: http://doodle.com/poll/
v8axkbgeicmvuesh (Thanks Ayden for setting it)

Finally if you have any question, please send a message offlist, I will be
happy to respond.

Invites will be sent soon, also reminders and highlights during the
Hyderabad meeting to keep you updated.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Rafik Dammak