[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC election 2017: Nominations period OPEN

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 00:23:17 CET 2016

Hi Carlos,

the election concerns 2 things:
- electing 1 chair and 5 members of the Executive Committee (1 member per
region i.e. Europe, North America, APAC, Africa and LAC.)
- voting for the new bylaws

After the nomination periods ends, the details about ballot and voting will
be shared. But basically, the NCUC members who did check-in for this year
NCSG election and those who are responding to the current check-in  process
will be added in voters list http://www.ncuc.org/participate/ballots/
(process still ongoing). Those in the voters list will receive the ballot
when voting period starts and they can cast their votes. As reminder it is
weighted vote for individual and organizational members.

the ballot will include the choices for each open position: the chair seat
and the 5 executive committee seats. Each position should have several
candidates and that is why we encourage members to nominate.

all members in the voters list will be able to select the candidates in the
different positions/seats. it means that you can vote for candidate to
chair position (1x), and for a candidate in each EC regional position (5x)
and not just for the seat from your region.

hope that clarifies. the updates and details will be in this page
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomuserconst/Elections+2016

Best,

Rafik