[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: [governance] Urgent: Few announcements before the CS MAG 2017 Nomination process

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 14:37:36 CET 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arsène Tungali <arsenebaguma at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 1:47 AM
Subject: [governance] Urgent: Few announcements before the CS MAG 2017
Nomination process
To: Internet Governance <governance at lists.igcaucus.org>

Dear all,

Please read this carefully, there are some important updates. This is
an unusual situation, so hope I will be clear enough when trying to
explain it:

1.       Both Analia and myself (Arsene) will be nominating ourselves
for the Civil Society MAG 2017 position. In that sense, since we are
both IGC Co-coordinators, we cannot oversee the nomination process on
the IGC list; we need to recuse ourselves for a short period of time
to allow a fair, transparent selection process.

That’s why we have contacted Mrs. Deidre Williams (former IGC
Co-coordinator) to support us during this period until the selection
process is concluded (up to 10 days). This means Deidre will be
temporarily IGC Coordinator.

2.       The CSCG (Civil Society Coordination Group, where IGC is a
member) has decided to temporarily (until we gather more details and
make an appropriate decision) to remove Mr. Wisdom Donkor (current 2nd
IGC Rep on CSCG) from the Civil Society (CS) selection discussions
given that we found out that he is representing the Government in the
current MAG.

In that sense, since he cannot represent both CS and Government at the
same time and to avoid any possible conflict of interest, he will not
represent IGC on the CSCG for now. We will start discussing his case
within the IGC after we have gathered more information for an
appropriate decision. Until then, Deidre Williams will be our 2nd IGC
Representative on the CSCG.

We welcome Deidre (again) and leave it to her to conduct the
consultations and quick start the nomination process.

Should you have any question or need any clarification on the above,
please do not hesitate to come back to me.

Arsene

------------------------
*Arsène Tungali*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, Rudi international,
CEO, Smart Services Sarl, Mabingwa Forum
Tel: +243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0
Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow (YALI) - ISOC IGF Ambassador -
Blogger - ICANN Fellow. The HuffingtonPost UK

     governance at lists.igcaucus.org
To be removed from the list, visit: