[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: NCUC IGF Workshop- The power of Civil Society

Rachel Pollack rachel.l.pollack at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 23:12:06 CET 2016

Dear All,

As the IGF is just one week away, I wanted to follow up on Farzi's email
below to seek input for the NCUC workshop on the power of noncommercial
users
<https://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf2016/index.php/proposal/view_public/91>.

Thanks so much to Kathy and Stephanie for sharing great examples from the
ICANN context, and to Karel for very helpfully pointing to a previous IGF
workshop that we can build on.

It would be great to include more examples from outside the ICANN context
and from different regions -- do you have any examples of where civil
society has been able to achieve impact within Internet governance, or on
the contrary, where it has faced insurmountable challenges?

Please contact me if you have any ideas or experiences that we can share.

Best wishes,

Rachel