[NCUC-DISCUSS] Nomination of Rim Hayat Chaif

Hanane Boujemi hboujemi at hivos.org
Wed Nov 9 11:13:03 CET 2016

Dear NCUCers,

I am delighted to nominate Ms. Rim Hayat Chaif from Algeria as Executive Committee for Africa,  I know Rim in person for almost four years now and she has been an active member of IGMENA program (www.igmena.org). She is an Internet Governance policy writer and researcher with one of our projects and she took part in many regional and international activities organised by the programme namely “Global IGF and Arab IGF”.  As a programme fellow she reported on sessions related to Cybercrime and Data protection issues. Rim took part in capacity building programmes with Hivos, Diplofoundation, and Annenberg School of communication.

Rim Also contributed to the draft document “Policy options for connecting the next billion” which was the theme of the 10th edition of IGF 2015 as an expert from Algeria. She is an active ICANN fellow and Coach for newcomers (ICANN53/ ICANN57) and she also blogs for Sumrando Cybersecurity platform.

Recently, Ms. Rim took part in a panel debate as a speaker about “Data protection and Privacy: Comparison between Algeria/Morocco” at iGmena summit in Tunis. Rim is very much engaged in the IG process and this ICANN experience will definitely beneficial for her and her community. Rim is currently working on the draft document to create an ISOC Algerian chapter. She has an outstanding knowledge on IG issues relevant to Africa and she is a very fast learner. More than that Rim is truly a great leader, genuine and hard working. She absolutely deserves this position and it will be an honor to have the first ever EC female from Algeria. So please support her!

Finally I need a favor from all NCUCers who are familiar with IGMENA programme to help us get more feedback through this survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeia_bIVPyXSq-jajWoEV1N38lfJ6qesnilbCgkE_PwPTsuOg/viewform?c=0&w=1

We would like to be in a position to improve knowledge on IG in a less represented region such as MENA and your input will tremendously help us address what you think is a priority

Thank you so much!

Kind Regards,

Hanane Boujemi

SeniorManager, Internet Governance Programme MENA Region
Hivos | Raamweg 16 | 2596 HL | Den Haag | The Netherlands
T + 31(0)70 376 55 00 | I www.hivos.org
Hivos is member of Alliance2015