[NCUC-DISCUSS] Election 2017 - EC - Nomination of Tatiana Tropina

Niels ten Oever lists at digitaldissidents.org
Tue Nov 8 07:55:59 CET 2016

Dear all,

I hope this e-mail finds you well. I would like to nominate Tatiana
Tropina for the  European position on the NCUC Executive Committee.

Tatiana is an internationally recognized cybersecurity expert who now
has been active in ICANN for a bit over a year, but has managed to
significantly contribute to non-commercial objectives.

Just a quick overview of the things she has done (and I am sure I am
forgetting something): Tatiana has done outreach for NCUC, has taken
part in Workstream 1 and is an active participant in Workstream 2 of the
CCWG on accountability work. She has also been active as a member of our
policy committee, and last but not least, contributes to the Cross
Community Working Group on ICANNs Corporate and Social Responsibility to
Respect Human Rights.

Outside of ICANN Tatiana has been active at EuroDIG and SEE DIG for many
years and also taught at the European Summer School for Internet Governance.

All in all, I think Tatiana is very qualified for the job.

Best,

Niels
--
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9