[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Election] Nomination of Renata Aquino Ribeiro

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Wed Nov 2 12:41:20 CET 2016

Greetings all,

I would like to nominate Renata Aquino Ribeiro for the NCUC Executive Committee seat for Latin America and the Caribbean.

Renata is a highly active contributor to our constituency and stakeholder group, but this is not the extent of her involvement in the ICANN community. Renata is also highly involved in the work of LACRALO, a mentor to ICANN fellows, and a persistent advocate for widening and equalising the participation of non-commercial users in ICANN’s policy-making processes. Renata is very active in various Internet governance fora at a regional and global level. She is a track lead and returning fellow for the Internet Freedom Festival, a member of the Civil Society Information Society Advisory Council of the OECD, and sits on the IGF’s Multistakeholder Advisory Group.

I can think of no better advocate for her region and for inclusivity than Renata. She is someone who understands the importance of geographical diversity and how it impacts policy advice, she understands why outreach, engagement, and mentorship is critical for maintaining a sustainable stream of volunteers, and she’ll go the extra mile to make sure they are well-versed in ICANN policy issues and are able to effectively engage in the community’s work.

Renata, I know you have a lot on your plate, but I sincerely hope you accept this nomination.

Ayden Férdeline
[linkedin.com/in/ferdeline](http://www.linkedin.com/in/ferdeline)