[NCUC-DISCUSS] Workshop at WSIS on 6 May

Hamza Ben Mehrez hamzabenmehrez at gmail.com
Sun May 8 01:36:25 CEST 2016

Hello Farzaneh,

ICANN’s decentralization “should demonstrate that a bottom-up,
multi-stakeholder consensus process can produce outcomes that are good for
the internet” (IANA) of course as an independent organization is involved
in the process. IGMENA hangout will ask these questions How can ICANN
support and enhance the multistakeholder model ? Maintain the security,
stability and resiliency of the Internet DNS ? Meet the needs and
expectations of the global customers and partners of the IANA services ?
What is the « decentralized » Internet model of Internet governance that
can be able to maintain the openness of the Internet ?

Thank you!

Hamza Ben Mehrez
Policy Analyst Lead
Internet Governance MENA Region Program