[NCUC-DISCUSS] Launch of NCUC Chat - A platform for NCUC collaboration

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Wed May 4 13:22:33 CEST 2016

Hi Remmy,

thanks for your comments,

> Hello James and Rafik
> Thanks for the efforts at improving communication, however, I have some
> questions.
>
> What precisely are we looking at achieving with this new pilot since it
> will not replace NCUC Mailing list with regards to the intended provision
> of an *additional channel* for *more real time* and *accessible
> communications* to our members.
>
> Therefore, permit me to also ask;
> (1) what are the additional channels that NCUC require

if you get access to the ncuc.chat, you will see that we can have several
"channels" dedicated for different topics . it is like creating a skype
channel or even using irc for example.

> (2) what is the more real time theory about this pilot professes, and if
> it was based out of research or complain of members, and

discussing mailing list is mostly asynchronous , while having ncuc.chat we
can get more synchronous discussion and people interacting quickly. for
example, during helsinki meeting we can have a dedicated channel and people
sharing opinion in such channel about an ongoing session etc

> Thirdly, are we now saying that this mailing list is not accessible
> communications to our members.

the mailing list remains the main space for discussion, announcements,
information sharing etc . the new experiment is just there to see if we can
get more collaboration in synchronous manner. they are not mutually
exclusive but more complimentary.

hope that clarifies more.

Best,

Rafik