[NCUC-DISCUSS] Seeking endorsements of recommendations on cybersecurity and human rights

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:29:31 CEST 2016

Hi everyone

I am sharing here a call from the Freedom Online Coalition working group
“An Internet Free and Secure”, where I am member with several NCUC members
and having Matthew Shears as Co-chair,
https://www.freedomonlinecoalition.com/how-we-work/working-groups/working-group-1/
.

The Freedom Online Coalition is a group of governments who have committed
to work together to support Internet freedom and protect fundamental human
rights .  The working group includes members from governments, business,
civil society and academia and seeks, through multistakeholder dialogue, to
bring human rights based approaches to cybersecurity debates and
policymaking.

As part of an effort by the FOC to facilitate practical outcomes and
substantive contributions to key Internet freedom issues, the working group
has produced a set of recommendations that it believes are a substantive
step towards making cybersecurity policies rights respecting by design. The
working group is now seeking endorsements of the recommendations, which are
attached with an accompanying explanatory document.  I am not asking here
for endorsement from NCUC  but  looking for endorsements from NCUC members
who would be interested to support the recommendations.

The working group plans to formally launch the recommendations,  with a
list of endorsements, at the upcoming Freedom Online Conference in San
Jose, Costa Rica, to be held 17-18 October 2016.

if you have any question, Matt and me will be happy to answer them.

Best Regards,

Rafik Dammak