[NCUC-DISCUSS] Statement from NCUC executive committee

Padmini pdmnbaruah at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 06:05:05 CET 2016

Thank you for this clear statement, and the support for many of the issues
I raised.
I would just like to put on record that the phrases "*substantive due
process*" and "*evidentiary burden being met*" have been echoed by me
vocally and repeatedly throughout the entire process, both to the ombudsman
and to many of you. I am a student of the law, and have these principles,
including natural justice well drilled into my head. If there wasn't a
failure of process, and such a short time span to engage with the issue at
the site of the cause of action arising itself [given that the conference
was in Marrakech for 5 days], I might not have taken these steps that I
felt constrained to later.
Just pointing out, there is no trial, no court, and my statement is my own,
which I can back up with evidence. I do not understand why issues of
unfairness of procedure are being raised when there is *no procedure in the
first place*.
I would really appreciate it, generally, if that were acknowledged.

Thanks everyone.

Padmini Baruah
V Year, B.A.LL.B. (Hons.)
NLSIU, Bangalore