[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Info] Call for candidates for NCUC Delegate to the ICANN 2017 Nominating Committee

Remmy Nweke remmyn at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 19:20:34 CEST 2016

Thanks Avri for once again being in the champion of this alongside others.

Unfortunately, from my understanding, ICANN laws are reviewed every five
years, that in the first instance shows that NomCom rules of engagement
should have been reviewed this year or by next year max.

However, ICANN was reviewed last February 2016, just wondering how this
escaped most of us.

I think what we may do is to first establish when exactly this review
should occur, this year or next, depending if the review date must elapse
before action is taken or proactively initiate the process to culminate
into precise year of transition.

Our leadership is hereby called upon to take the necessary calls to
initiate this process and stop this maginalisation with the leadership of
NPOC now under Klaus Stoll. I am sure we should be able to gain some
mileage and erase the injustice to NPOC.

Best of the day from Lagos and happy new week.
Remmy

____
REMMY NWEKE, mNGE,
Lead Strategist/Group Executive Editor,
DigitalSENSE Africa Media [*Multiple-award winning medium*]
(DigitalSENSE Business News
<http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng/businessnews>; ITREALMS
<http://www.itrealms.com.ng>, NaijaAgroNet <http://www.naijaagronet.com.ng>)
Block F1, Shop 133 Moyosore Aboderin Plaza, Bolade Junction, Oshodi-Lagos
M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, 8051000475, T: @ITRealms
<http://www.twitter.com/ITRealms>
Author: A Decade of ICT Reportage in Nigeria
<https://www.facebook.com/adecadeofictreportageinnigeriaā€ˇ>
PC Summit 2016 <http://www.pcsummit.com.ng>, December 2-3 @Federal Palace,
Victoria Island, Lagos.
*Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and attachments
are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is intended
only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this document and do
not disclose the contents of this document to any other person, nor make
any copies. Violators may face court persecution.