[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Info] Welcome to new NCUC members July 2016

Rachel Pollack rachel.l.pollack at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 20:50:17 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Rafik and others for the warm welcome. I attended my first ICANN
meeting a few weeks ago in Helsinki through the NextGen at ICANN program.
After meeting several of you and attending an NCUC session, I'm excited to
join this great community.

Very short bio: I'm an American now based in Paris. I will soon finish a
Master's at the Oxford Internet Institute (thanks for the shout-out,
Corinne!), and also work at UNESCO to promote freedom of expression. As
indicated by Rafik's message, I'm joining NCUC in an individual capacity.

I plan to contribute to the Working Party on Human Rights and am also
interested in the activities of the the CCWG-Accountability's Work Stream
2, particularly the subgroups related to human rights and to diversity.

I look forward to working with you all, and hope to meet you at future
ICANN meetings.

Best wishes,

Rachel