[NCUC-DISCUSS] Call for candidates for GNSO SCI

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Thu Jan 28 13:19:02 CET 2016

Hi,

I have been asking to be replaced on the SCI for some time now. I’ve been a member of that committee for about three years now, and have been feeling like it’s time somebody else represent NCUC. However, I am willing to stay on it a little while longer for a couple of reasons. One of them being that there is relatively new non-commercial representation on the SCI from both the NCSG and NPOC. I’d be happy to help some of our newer members on the SCI ease in to their new jobs. It isn’t terribly complicated work, but our one long-standing member of the committee, Avri Doria, has recently been replaced.

The other reason for my willingness to stay on (which isn’t really as important as the first) is that the GNSO Council just appointed me as its liaison to the SCI. So I just figured I’d stick around for a little longer and help out on that front as well.

I’d be happy to be replaced as the NCUC’s primary representative, though, and continue to contribute as the alternate member if somebody else is willing to step in to the primary role.

Ultimately, this is the NCUC EC’s decision to make, and I would be happy to help any NCer on the committee, regardless of whether or not I am still a member.

Thanks.

Amr