[NCUC-DISCUSS] NomCom Needs Your Help

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Sat Feb 13 10:42:48 CET 2016

Hi Ed

> On Feb 12, 2016, at 23:10, Edward Morris <egmorris1 at toast.net> wrote:
>
> Bill,
>
> Thanks for all of your hard work and congratulations on being selected to lead the reference subcommittee (although I have no idea what that does).

It’s just a group to tweak the letter of recommendation form, as when I’ve filled it out previously for candidates I found the questions a bit redundant.

> On the GNSO Council the NomCom appointees are of extreme appointments. With Julf and Carlos, in particular, we have been very fortunate. What are you guys looking for in terms of qualifications? Is ICANN experience a must?

There is no requirement I’m aware of regarding ICANN experience, much less GNSO experience.

At this stage all I can tell you about the qualifications is what’s listed at https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/nomcom2016-invitation/#qualifications. This language antedates my involvement. I guess the bit most relevant to your question might be,

Persons who, in the aggregate, have personal familiarity with the operation of gTLD registries and registrars; with ccTLD registries; with IP address registries; with Internet technical standards and protocols; with policy-development procedures, legal traditions, and the public interest; and with the broad range of business, individual, academic, and non-commercial users of the Internet; and

Best

Bill