[NCUC-DISCUSS] Apply to receive travel support for ICANN meeting in Morrocco

Sonigitu Ekpe soekpe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 23:30:27 CET 2016

Application for Travel Grant

I am an active member of the NCUC and I voted in the last election. I have
over twenty-four years work experience in government, the private sector
and non-profit.

I am currently, a consultant with AgeCare Foundation and I am also involved
in e-agriculture, capacity development, biodiversity conservation, climate
change adaption and environmental law.

I self sponsored myself to attend IGF 2013 in Bali - Indonesia were I first
held of NCUC while attending an NCUC event.

I agree to participate in all NCUC, NCSG and GNSO meetings held during the
meeting in Morocco to enable get a more clearer understanding of how to
effectively participate.

This will be my first time attending an ICANN event. I have been  involved
in the IT Industry for over 10 years in areas including ICT Policy
development, Internet Governance, Open Government Data, Databases and
Consolidation, Open Source Software Technologies, Data Management and
technologies and, Human Resource Planning and Development.

I am a passionate advocate for free open Internet, open government data and
open source software, a Council member of  Free Software and Open Source
Foundation for Africa (FOSSFA) and also hold membership with the following
organizations: ICANN Non Commercial Stakeholders Group (NCSG), Internet
Governance Forum (IGF), Internet Society (ISOC), Civil Society Internet
Governance Caucus (CSIGC), Diplo Foundation, Africa Open Data Working Group
Member, Open Government Partnership (OGP), Forum for Agricultural
Researcher in Africa (FARA), Africa Forum for Agricultural Advisory
Services (AFAAS).

I was at ICANN open event and on a workshop panel at the 2015 Internet
Governance Forum (IGF) held in Jao Pessoa, Brazil where I spoke on Internet
Governance and Open Government Data Initiative.

I hold a National diploma in Fisheries Technology, Higher National Diploma
in Agricultural Extension and Management Technology; B. Sc Environmental
Protection and Resource Management from the University of Calabar, M.Sc
Forestry and Environmental Management from Michael Okpara University of
Agriculture, Umudike; a Diploma in Environmental Governance from the
Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva. I am
currently, in my PhD final year programme in Wildlife and Forest Resources.

I agree to write a brief post-trip blog post for the NCUC website
reflecting on the meeting’s main developments of relevance to NCUC;  and to
make my own travel, accommodation, visa, and related arrangements if
considered.

Submitted for your kind consideration.

Sonigitu Ekpe

Mobile +234 805 0232 469    Office + 234 802 751 0179
 "LIFE is all about love and thanksgiving"