[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: [MJ Exchange] Summer Fellowship in Brazil

DeeDee Halleck deedeehalleck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 20:26:49 CET 2016

The ITS Fellowship Program will offer the opportunity for those interested
in internet and technology policy to deepen their knowledge about the
Brazilian technology context and also to work with the team who created and
developed the landmark "Marco Civil" legislation.

We have prepared an intensive 4-week* program for our fellows, which
includes visits to the biggest technology national and international
companies operating in Brazil, the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee (
CGI.br <http://cgi.br/>) and visits to São Paulo and Brasília, including
meetings with representatives of the Ministry of Justice, Ministry of
Culture, and Congress members who are advocating for policies related to
internet and technology.

More information available here
<http://itsrio.org/en/2016/02/16/english-its-global-policy-fellowship-program-2016/>
.

The Institute for Technology and Society invites researchers, graduate
students as well as professionals working with technology policy, to apply
to its Fellowship Program and spend four weeks in Brazil at ITS. Last year,
we welcomed seven fellows from all over the world, who contributed
immensely for the success of the Fellowship Program.

Our Global Fellows will have the opportunity to work with the team who
created and developed the landmark “Marco Civil” legislation, a bill
protecting fundamental rights, including privacy, net neutrality and
freedom of expression, approved as law in Brazil in April 2014.

Applications deadline: *March 20th, 2016*
The Fellowship Program will start on *July 04th* and will end on *August
01st, 2016*
Apply Now
<http://itsrio.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b2433258ec47fc6f9a063fd7b&id=318a0e5794&e=f03ed01333>

--