[NCUC-DISCUSS] Community budget request 2017

Matthew Shears mshears at cdt.org
Thu Feb 11 14:16:00 CET 2016

I would like to support - if it is not to late - an idea that I believe
Farzi/Rafik floated some time ago - that of a Policy Conference.

Apparently we have done these in the past - San Francisco, Toronto and
Singapore

I would proprose a one or two-day Policy Conference with three specific
components/goals:  1) deep dives with invited experts into priority
and/or new policy areas; 2) working sessions to coordinate on/progress
PDPs and other policy priorities; 3) assessment of progress and planning
on policy priorities generally.

I see this as a great opportunity to come together and drive policy work
forward (there is no substitute for F2F), build capacity among those
interested in policy work and getting more involved, outreach to experts
from other parts of the community, etc.

Matthew

--

Matthew Shears | Director, Global Internet Policy & Human Rights Project
Center for Democracy & Technology | cdt.org

CDT's Annual Dinner, Tech Prom, is April 6, 2016. Don't miss out - register at cdt.org/annual-dinner.

---