[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Comments] Community budget requests for fiscal year 2017

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 09:08:52 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

Every fiscal year , each SO and AC group (Supporting organization and
Advisory Committee) can make financial request to get budget for specific
activities from ICANN (from a yearly fixed allocated budget). Those
activities can be outreach initiatives, supporting membership etc. Those
requests will be reviewed later by ICANN finance team.

I attached some documents: one explaining the process, a
template/application form for the financial request and another document
including the principles to assess of those budget requests and giving
guidance.

For this fiscal year (1 July 2016 through 30 June 2017), the NCUC EC
thought about those activities:
- Capacity building to train members for policy work
- Translation/Interpretation support for outreach events
- Policy Conference like what we did in San Francisco, Toronto and Singapore
- Outreach events: targeted efforts
- NCUC workshop at IGF and outreach there
- IT and tools support for membership e.g. tools for policy consultation
- Admin and policy staff support
- funding policy efforts such as privacy

For information, we are getting already recurring support from GNSO like
travel support, conference calls, admin support. We also made for previous
year a common financial requests with CSG for the NCPH meeting. We won't
need to make requests for those but GNSO support staff would do them
instead. There is no guarantee that we will get all those requests
approved, but there is no harm to try.

* We are looking here for members comments and suggestions for any
additional activities we should have. for reference you can find previous
requests from all ICANN groups from last years and ICANN finance comments
to them: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44958870
.

The deadline for NCUC to submit its requests to ICANN staff is the 15th
February, so please submit your ideas and suggestions to EC by 8th February
in order to have enough time to fill the form and populate with all details.

Please feel free to send your inquiry and asking for clarification to me.

Best Regards,

Rafik Dammak

NCUC Chair