[NCUC-DISCUSS] Apply now for: NCSG Executive Committee/ Policy Committee /Finance Committee

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Dec 12 15:38:32 CET 2016

Thank you for this, Farzaneh. Your overview is fairly comprehensive,
I'll just add a few points to help people decide what'd suit them:

* Executive Committee's tasks are indeed mostly laid out in 2.4. of
  NCSG Charter. Most common, indeed routine task is processing new
  member applications, which is normally done in monthly
  teleconferences - regular attendance is expected. The EC is also
  responsible for appointing temporary alternates to council (3.3.1 of
  the charter). NCSG EC is also working on a number of procedures and
  processes and is going to conduct constituency review in 2017, so
  it may involve a bit more work than in the recent past.

* Consider Finance Committee if you want to tackle and comment ICANN's
  budget and prepare budget requests for NCSG. It would also be good
  to indicate if you'd be willing to become FC Chair (elected by FC
  itself, but willingness for the position would be useful to know).

* Policy Committee is the primary policy-making body in NCSG, but
  it also appoints NCSG representatives to various working groups.
  If you'd be willing to become PC Chair it'd be useful to know, too
  (though again elected by PC itself, not here).

If you have any questions about how the various committees work,
feel free to ask me (on or off list).

For reference, NCSG Charter can be found here:

http://gnso.icann.org/improvements/ncsg-charter-05may11-en.pdf

Tapani