[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Important] Results 2016 NCUC Elections

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Tue Dec 6 09:20:53 CET 2016

Hi

It’s a very impressive outcome, and the fact that we have 5 of 6 females elected at a time when there’s a debate about the shortage of women in leadership positions in other parts of the community is fortuitous.  We should be tweeting and otherwise beating our drum on this.

Thanks to all who made the effort to stand for election, and to all who voted, and supported the bylaws rewrite.  We are definitely moving uphill…

Cheers

Bill

> On Dec 5, 2016, at 14:10, Milan, Stefania <Stefania.Milan at EUI.eu> wrote:
>
> Thanks Rafik, and welcome to a massively gender-unequal EC :-)
> As a sign of the maturity of this community (and countering the trend in ICANN, too), we manage to elect a majority of women to rule us, which I cannot help but see as a good sign ;-)
> I say this with no intent to diminish the excellent (male and female) candidates that put their name into the hat: thanks to all of you for having contributed to give meaning to this election process.
> Good luck to the new EC, and many many thanks to the old one for your hard work.
> Best, Stefania

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland