[NCUC-DISCUSS] Trump speaking about the internet

Aaron Eitan Meyer aaron.eitan.meyer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 14:21:23 CET 2016

Every time I see something like this, I'm reminded of EDPa Judge Stewart Dalzell's conclusion in ACLU v. Reno, two decades ago that “As the most participatory form of mass speech yet developed, the Internet deserves the highest protection from governmental intrusion.... Just as the strength of the Internet is chaos, so the strength of our liberty depends upon the chaos and cacophony of the unfettered speech the First Amendment protects.”

Everyone is already aware, but it's worth reiterating that when the Supreme Court ultimately struck down the Communications Decency Act, it was 9-0.

Aaron Eitan Meyer, Esq.

Sent from my iPhone