[NCUC-DISCUSS] Trump speaking about the internet

Michael Oghia mike.oghia at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:33:16 CET 2016

Then it's important for civil society to stand up for the fundamental
rights endowed in the first amendment of the U.S. constitution, and hold
the U.S. government accountable for ensuring development goals.

This is easier said than done, but as a U.S. passport holder, for instance,
I'm happy to do whatever I can (even from afar) to lobby the government to
work in the favor of human rights. It's also a reminder than human rights
(and progress in general) is not a linear process.

Best,
-Michael

Michael J. Oghia
iGmena <http://igmena.org/> communications manager