[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Important] Additional Budget Request/What do we need for next year?

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 18:26:38 CET 2016

Dear NCUC Members,

Each year we file additional budget requests at ICANN to get financial
support for various activities. Last year we managed to get travel support
for IGF (some of our other requests were rejected). This year we should aim
for getting more of our budget requests approved.

Here is the link to the requests submitted last year and the decisions:
https://community.icann.org/display/projfinadhocws/GNSO+-+FY17+Additional+Budget+Requests
I recommend that before making a suggestion, you go through the submitted
requests by NCUC for last year and see the format of suggestions. You could
also look at the suggestion format of other stakeholder groups.

 You can also look at the decision of approval and rejection.But please do
not get discouraged if you have similar ideas that were rejected last
year.The link to decisions is available here:
https://community.icann.org/display/projfinadhocws/FY17+Decisions

Please insert your recommendations here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aEZoUNsHBuzj3tyTmlDiGSeinNrKJUYcPrNTfJ-dLJ8/edit?usp=sharing

We have until 14 January to come up with the ideas. The EC will review your
recommendations, add its own recommendations, and reformulate and submit to
ICANN by 30th Jan.

The final version will be sent to NCUC members as well.

Farzaneh