[NCUC-DISCUSS] Support for Tatiana Tropina for EC

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 10:18:42 CET 2016

I would like to join others to express (almost belatedly) support for
Tatiana Tropina in the EC.

Tatiana has done an outstanding job in every single issue she became
involved with. She has tirelessly fought for the inclusion of human rights
in the bylaws and has been a key actor in making sure this provision is
implemented in the best and most effective manner. Her legal expertise has
been a fundamental resource in policy discussions and her political
sensitive has helped to move NCUC positions forward, even in adverse
situations. In addition to that, Tatiana has built a great relationship
with many members of our constituency over the years. Her friendly
attitude, her honest opinions and joyful character make people coalesce
around her, and this is an excellent quality that contributes to the
outreach initiatives of any regional representative. I think Tatiana will
provide a beautiful continuation to the excellent work developed by Farzi.

Good luck, Tatiana!
Warm regards,
Marilia

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Dr. Tatiana Tropina <t.tropina at mpicc.de>
wrote:

> Dear Amr, Niels, Milton, Robin, Bill, James... and anyone who
> contributed to this thread but whom I missed to mention now.
>
> Thanks you so much for your support. I am really overwhelmed with all
> the kind words. I still feel a bit "new" to the NCUC - I joined only a
> year ago, but happy to hear that my contributions could have already
> made a difference.
>
> One of the greatest rewards from my work at the NCUC - be it carrying
> out an outreach or fighting for the inclusion of the human rights bylaw
> in CCWG accountability proposal or serving as a PC representative - is
> the ability to work together and share the ideas with like-minded
> people. I have always been and I will stay motivated to contribute to
> policy or administrative functions of the NCUC because it is very
> inspiring to work with the fellow NCUC-ers.
>
> I feel like I have been a bit silent on the list these days - it's not
> because I disappeared. There is a lot of work in CCWG, especially with
> regards to the drafting of the FoE of HR commitment, where I have been
> one of the main pen-holders for drafting the initial document. There is
> a lot to prepare for the IGF, where I will be proudly serving NCUC as a
> panelist at different sessions and at the NCUC booth. I am also
> publishing a book right now :-) and it just went to printing. So please
> forgive me for not thanking each of you after each of the emails - I
> have an honour to thank you all now.
>
> Warm regards
>
> Tanya
>

> On 24/11/16 15:28, Amr Elsadr wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> On Nov 21, 2016, at 1:00 PM, Niels ten Oever <
> lists at DIGITALDISSIDENTS.ORG> wrote:
> >>
> >> I am not surprised because I think Tatiana is an excellent candidate,
> >> with a lot of experience and a very large track record of work done in
> >> NCUC, NCSG. CCWG and wide Internet governance circles. She is the one
> >> who is doing a lot of hard job on the background, and I would like to
> >> bring this to the spotlight again.
> > Couldn’t agree more with this. I’m grateful to Tatiana for all the work
> she’s done for NCSG/NCUC since becoming a member. She really dove in
> head-first, and her contributions have been amazing at a time when they
> really mattered. If she’s willing on taking on even more on the EC, then
> I’m grateful to her for that as well.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Amr

*Marília Maciel*
Digital Policy Senior Researcher, DiploFoundation

WMO Building *|* 7bis, Avenue de la Paix *| *1211 Geneva - Switzerland
*Tel *+41 (0) 22 9073632 *| *
*Email*: *MariliaM at diplomacy.edu <mariliam at diplomacy.edu>* *|** Twitter: *
*@MariliaM*