[NCUC-DISCUSS] [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Final GNSO Review WG Charter

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Thu Aug 4 15:18:33 CEST 2016

Hi Renata and all,

Thanks for flagging this, and thank you so much for your service on the SCI. We had a great team of non-commercial representatives on the SCI these past few months from the NCSG, NCUC and NPOC (the NPOC representative, Rudi Vansnick is currently also chairing the SCI), and we have been working through some very important projects in this time. I will note that the SCI will not be disbanded until after the current public comment period on its latest work is complete (https://www.icann.org/public-comments/gnso-op-procedures-2016-07-05-en), but will not be taking on any new projects.

Also, if folks would like a little more on the NCSG’s discussion of this topic, please check the recording/transcripts from the last NCSG monthly policy call (https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/NCSG+Monthly+Policy+Meetings), where we discussed the Council motion that brought this change about. If there are any questions, I’d be happy to answer them.

I hope to see many NCSG members on the GNSO Review WG. Renata has shared the announcement in a separate email, and Maryam has also shared it when the announcement was made on July 27th.

Thanks again.

Amr