[NCUC-DISCUSS] 答复: RZM Contract Renewal

Peter Green seekcommunications at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 23 10:45:03 CEST 2016

Hi Padmini,

I did some search work based on your question.

I found out that the Cooperative Agreement between NTIA and VeriSign for VeriSign to perform Root Zone Management Functions would expire on 30th, November, 2018, however, the contract was renewed on 29th, November 2012, not last year.

See the following links:

1. http://www.circleid.com/posts/20140324_ntias_intention_to_transfer_iana_functions_to_the_global_community/   (See   Cooperative Agreement)<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20140324_ntias_intention_to_transfer_iana_functions_to_the_global_community/>

2. https://www.ntia.doc.gov/page/verisign-cooperative-agreement   (See Amendment 32)

It was last year that VeriSign and ICANN released a proposal under NTIA's request to transition the RZM functions in future,which serves as a very important part of the IANA Stewardship Transition.

See the following links:

3. https://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/root_zone_administrator_proposal-relatedtoiana_functionsste-final.pdf

On 8th, April, 2016, ICANN announced that ICANN and VeriSign have started a 90-day Parallel Testing Period of  Root Zone Management System based on the proposal that ICANN and VeriSign released last year.

See the following links:

4.  https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2016-04-08-en

Hope the above threads of links may be helpful to your research.

If anything wrong,  please do correct me.
Keep me posted.

Best Regards
Peter Gren