[NCUC-DISCUSS] Replacement on Cross Community Working Group on Internet Governance

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri Apr 8 12:22:30 CEST 2016

Hello

As many here will recall, the Cross Community Working Group on Internet Governance was formed in December 2013 after the Buenos Aires meeting as a vehicle to provide a written input into the NETmundial meeting in Sao Paulo in April 2014; and to serve as a focal point for community members interested in ICANN’s role in the larger Internet governance ecosystem.  As things have evolved subsequently, its main activities have been to a) communicate with staff on its representations of ICANN in international meetings, e.g. in the UN; and b) plan the public Internet governance sessions held at each ICANN meeting.

When the CCWIG was chartered, I became one of NCUC’s representatives, https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43984275 <https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43984275>

William Drake
GNSO - NCSG
Participant 1
Pranesh Prakash	GNSO - NCUC	Participant 2
Marilia Maciel	GNSO - NCUC	Participant 3
Stephanie Perrin	GNSO - NCUC	Participant 4

It having been a couple years now, I would think our representation in this group may be ready for a refresh.  I therefore would like to step aside from this role at NCUC’s earliest convenience.  I assume the NCUC Exec Comm. will organize the process to select a replacement.

Thanks

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  www.williamdrake.org
The Working Group on Internet Governance - 10th Anniversary Reflections
New book at http://amzn.to/22hWZxC