[NCUC-DISCUSS] Invitation to the next webinar "GIPO and taxonomies of internet governance - open collaboration" - Tuesday 15 September, 15:30 - 16:30 CEST (13:30-14:30 UTC)

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Sep 9 10:48:27 CEST 2015

Hi

Since I’m on the GIPO Advisory Group I feel compelled to respond to the call to “share with your networks,” so please see below if interested.

The Global Internet Policy Observatory www.giponet.org <http://www.giponet.org/> is a European Commission-instigated effort to build a clearing house tool for Internet governance information.

We are also looking to add a couple people to the Advisory Group and will be issuing an open RFP somewhere in the weeks ahead.

Best

Bill

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Federica Porcu <fporcu at open-evidence.com>
> Subject: Kind Reminder - Invitation to the next webinar "GIPO and taxonomies of internet governance - open collaboration" - Tuesday 15 September, 15:30 - 16:30 CEST (13:30-14:30 UTC)
> Date: September 9, 2015 at 10:32:34 AM GMT+2
> Cc: Kasia Jakimowicz <kjakimowicz at open-evidence.com>, David Osimo <dosimo at open-evidence.com>
>
> Dear Sir/ Madam,
>
> We are pleased to invite you to the next GIPO (Global Internet Policy Observatory) webinar:
>
> "GIPO and taxonomies of internet governance - open collaboration",
> 15th September, 15:30 - 16:30 CEST (13:30-14:30 UTC)
>
> Please register at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5501876288792389634 <https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5501876288792389634>
>
> Internet governance is a complex topic encompassing a broad range of aspects (technological, social, economic, developmental, legal and political).  The development of a shared taxonomy is one of the key challenges for GIPO. Currently different observatories and mapping initiatives adopted different approaches to the taxonomy of internet governance, which could reduce the synergies and interoperability between the initiatives.
> Taking this into consideration, the GIPO initiative attempts to address this challenge during the development of the platform and invites the IG community for wider collaboration on the creation of a more unified conceptual approach that will simplify the interoperability of the platforms and mapping initiatives. This will also provide an important input in the ¨federation roadmap¨ that GIPO will release later this year.
> In addition, the IG taxonomy finally used (in English) should ideally  also be "multilingual-aware” or expandable. This leads us to the question of how we could integrate in GIPO some kind of translation mechanism that complies with GIPO requirements.
>
> During this webinar we will discuss taxonomies of internet governance and a possible approach to achieve maximum usability and synergies with other initiatives. Moreover, the GIPO Advisory Group and its role in taxonomy development will be presented. In line with the concept of open collaboration, we invite other IG initiatives to present their developments and possible synergies with GIPO. During this webinar DiploFoundation will present its Digital Watch initiative.
>

> Agenda:
> 15:30 - Introduction (moderator: Kasia Jakimowicz, Open Evidence)
> 15:35 - Introduction to internet governance taxonomies (DiploFoundation)
> 15:45 - GIPO and taxonomies of internet governance (Luis Meijuerio, Fundacion CTIC)
> 15:55 - Presentation of Digital Watch/ Geneva Internet Platform (DiploFoundation)
> 16:05 - Open nominations to GIPO Advisory Group and AG role (Jamal Shahin and Trisha Meyer, VUB)
> 16:15 - Q&A
> [...]

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland