[NCUC-DISCUSS] Domain name rules in today's TPP leak

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Sat Oct 10 18:58:07 CEST 2015

On 10/10/15 6:37 AM, Rafik Dammak wrote:
> thanks for this. with the regard to UDRP, there is this preliminary
> issues report about RPM ("right protections
> mechanisms") https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2015-10-09-en
> which I think is part of the possible UDRP review.
> definitely Konstantinos book "the current state of domain name
> regulation" is good reminder about UDRP related issues.
> is there any indication that the same provisions are or will be
> included in other FTAs and agreement negotiated by US?

Yes, the same language is at least in the US-Korea FTA. It's part of the
standard template now:

https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/uploads/agreements/fta/korus/asset_upload_file273_12717.pdf

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: FF13 C2E9 F9C3 DF54 7C4F EAC1 F675 AAE2 D2AB 2220
OTR fingerprint: 26EE FD85 3740 8228 9460 49A8 536F BCD2 536F A5BD

Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en