[NCUC-DISCUSS] support for Farzaneh and Arun for NCUC EC

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Mon Oct 26 16:28:08 CET 2015

I would like to weigh in to support Arun Sukumar and Farzaneh Badii for the Executive Committee seats.

Both have emerged recently as very active contributors to our constituency and stakeholder group. When people this skilled are putting that much effort into a volunteer organization they deserve to be recognized and given an appropriate platform for their work.

Farzaneh, in addition to her research as a doctoral student, has loads of experience in the IG ecosystem through her work with the IGF Secretariat for several years. She has actively followed the CCWG on accountability, formed a dynamic coalition on accountability for IGF, and has blogged for the Internet Governance Project on various topics. I know from direct experience that she does not shirk the not-so-fun administrative work that is required to get policy done and ideas disseminated. So you could not find a more well-rounded candidate.

Arun has a background as a journalist and has brought the critical investigative reporter's eye into the ICANN scene. Currently situated in a policy-oriented foundation in India, he has carefully tracked the IANA transition process and has filed comments in it. He asks tough questions of the ICANN process and he shows up. I don't think anyone could do a better job of representing the AP region in NCUC.

Dr. Milton L Mueller
Professor, School of Public Policy
Georgia Institute of Technology