[NCUC-DISCUSS] Candidate Statement -- None of the Above

Dan Krimm dan at musicunbound.com
Tue Nov 24 05:19:25 CET 2015

At 9:42 PM +0000 11/23/15, Zakir Syed via Ncuc-discuss wrote:
>So we wouldn't have this Mr. None of the Above on the ballot :)

Well, just to make it official, here is None of the Above's candidate
statement (conveyed to me via methods I may not divulge):

1. Why do you want to serve on the EC?

I don't, really.  It's just that members need someone to vote for if they
think all of the human candidates are unsatisfactory.  My candidacy is
purely about protest.  Though nominated, I shall not campaign.  If elected,
I shall not serve.

2. Provide a brief biography of recent experience, associations, and
affiliations relevant to serving on the Executive Committee. Describe the
relevance of your personal and professional experience to serve on the NCUC
Executive Committee, and identify any conflicts of interests you might have.

I have no experience, associations, or affiliations relevant to serving on
the EC, or anything else for that matter.  No personal or professional
experience either, other than being a candidate in every NCUC election, bar
none.  I'm very good at getting on the ballot -- a perfect record.  Not so
good at winning any elections, but nobody's perfect...

3. The EC performs several functional responsibilities for the
Constituency.  What level of time commitment can you bring to your EC role
on a weekly and overall basis?  Describe any concerns or limitations on
your ability to attend online meetings of the Executive Committee and ICANN
Meetings in person.

I can commit no time whatsoever, and cannot attend any meetings because I
don't actually exist.  Is that really so important?

4. Communication with the membership is critical. How would you keep
members apprised of your EC-related activities?

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to keep this commitment, other than the
following blanket statement: you can assume I have had no EC-related
activities whatsoever, thus no ongoing communication is required.

5. How do you foresee NCUC's function, scale, or role changing in the
future? What areas of ICANN policy, if any, need more attention and why?

I really have no idea.  My sole expertise of any kind is standing for
election on a ballot.  After that, I draw a complete blank.

Thank you very much for having me on the ballot, and I do look forward to
being on the ballot.  I always enjoy that part.

Your good friend,

None