[NCUC-DISCUSS] ICANN at the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) 2015 - ICANN

João Carlos Rebello Caribé caribe at entropia.blog.br
Fri Nov 6 13:34:18 CET 2015

Sure Niels,

I was sarcastic about the lack of memory prowling the ICANN, as Wolf said: half fun / half serious.

They would forgotten to include this workshop on ICANN at IGF list by a variety of reasons, voluntarily or involuntarily, maybe mistake of the person was designed to list then, or something else, we don't know.

But this was not the first time, the civll society, in special the NCUC are perceived a "boring group" that hinders some agendas in name of human rights, we know that, that's our job. Not to disturb agendas, but to assure the human rights would be respected.

And since we are talking about human right, you must remember the panel about Human Rights at Buenos Aires WITHOUT NCUC, organized by La Parra. I argued on the panel why NCUC was not on the table, the answer was a big lie that NCUC was invited but declined.

Once there was a precedent, we can't discard the possibility that we can be boycotted.

That's my opinion.

[]s
Joao Carlos Caribe