[NCUC-DISCUSS] Nomination: Rao Naveed Bin Rais for the NCUC EC Asia Pacific seat

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Tue Nov 3 09:27:59 CET 2015

Hi

> On Nov 2, 2015, at 7:09 PM, Virpi Kauko <virpi.kauko at effi.org> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to nominate professor Rao Naveed Bin Rais for the NCUC EC
> Asia-Pacific seat. He's an ICANN fellow with strong interest and ideas
> in getting new members effectively involved, and that's something NCUC
> sorely needs.

Thanks for this. I’ve added him to the list at https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomuserconst/Nominations

At present, we only have a competitive election for the AP slot.  Every other position has just one candidate.   But we have 452 members!

Serving on the NCUC EC is an excellent pathway toward greater engagement in NCUC/NCSG/GNSO/ICANN, and if it need be said, sometimes there is rotating travel support to attend meetings, which often does incentivize people to roll up their sleeves and get drawn into the work.

So I hope there will be other nominations forthcoming :-)

Best

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer