[NCUC-DISCUSS] Nomination of Zuan Zhang for NCUC EC Asia Pacific

PeterGreen seekcommunications at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 8 15:50:44 CET 2015

Dear Mr. Raoul Plommer,
Thank you very much for nominating me. I would like to accept this nomination. I am not sure I had ever met and talked to you for the last two and half years of being in NCUC and ICANN community. Thank you for nominating me. Hope we can meet in the future.
What comforts me is that you mentioned a very important point in nominating me, and what has much inspired me is the point in Arun's words that I find resonant with yours. Arun mentioned that the Asia-Pacific region is fast growing, fairly new to the multistakehoder governance model.  I could not find more words to echo and highlight this point.
There is no doubt that the Asia-Pacific region is the most populated region. But when you look into this region, I think there is not a community with 700 million Internet users. If you say that is not the point that may deserve discussion,then I would much like to drive the point that I find resonant with Arun's.
My mother tongue is Chinese, also I can speak English to work with you. However, having been NCUC for two and a half years, I have to admit that I did not post much in the list.But that does not mean I am not with you. I am watching very day and listening in very ICANN meeting where I attended in-person.
I struggled to learn. I worked in the Translation and Transliteration of WHOIS Contact Information PDP Working Group from December, 2013 till June, 2015. I find some difficulty in catching up with folks' thinking. If the languge issue is not the core issue, then I must confess that the larger issue is the thinking practice, moreover it is the cultural difference. The Chinese community is rather new to the ICANN community. Its thinking is unique to ICANN. Hoping I could bring Chinese voices to NCUC and ICANN.
Having served for one and a half terms on the EC representing AP, I speak English, the working language and thinking practices are very different from ours, thus have difficulty in making myself expressed, so I have to learn and listen. That does not mean I am not "working".
It is much progress now.I want to keep going and make my work in NCUC and the EC better.I want to promote more diversity in georgraphical, linguistic and cultural terms in Asia-Pacific region.I want to bring more Chinese thinking in our discussion.
A further point, I think everybody in this constituency would not disagree with is that NCUC needs participation from the world. New members want to know NCUC in a more convenient manner and members getting onboard are expecting to get more deeply involved.
One piece of work I am doing is to help new members and people who may want to have a look at NCUC is that building the institutional memory of NCUC from memories of our pioneers of NCUC. Since August, I have been collecting the historical records from NCUC Discuss Archives and NCUC Ec Archives and many other sources I could take stock of. I wish to post them in the list before I finish the 2014-2015 term.
希望获得NCUC成员一如既往的支持。非常感谢!Xiexie!
Best RegardsZuan Zhang/Peter GreenFrom: plommer at gmail.com