[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Travel Awards for Buenos Aires

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Mon May 4 11:07:00 CEST 2015

Hello

On 10 April I issued on this list a call for applications for travel support to ICANN 53 in Buenos Aires, in accordance with http://www.ncuc.org/participate/travel-policy/ <http://www.ncuc.org/participate/travel-policy/>.  We received four excellent applications before the announced deadline of 24 April, which required some hard choices.  The Executive Committee ultimately decided to offer the travel support this time to Arun Sukumar (India) and James Gannon (Ireland).  Our reasoning was based largely on meeting the constituency’s most pressing needs, which at this meeting are to have as big a footprint as possible in the transition and accountability processes, which will be coming to a head in BA.  Both applicants have quickly made their presence felt in the Istanbul and online transition and accountability meetings, and we are really looking forward to having them on the team in BA as these processes move forward.  We thank all applicants for their interest in participating and their understanding with respect to our immediate priorities, and look forward to their continuing collaboration going forward.

Best

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer