[NCUC-DISCUSS] ***SPAM*** Your support needed: Internet in Yemen under assault

Joy Liddicoat joy at liddicoatlaw.co.nz
Sun Mar 29 03:42:04 CEST 2015

Thanks Walid – will do

Joy

From: ncuc-discuss-bounces at lists.ncuc.org [mailto:ncuc-discuss-bounces at lists.ncuc.org] On Behalf Of Walid AL-SAQAF
Sent: Saturday, 28 March 2015 12:02 a.m.
To: ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org
Subject: ***SPAM*** [NCUC-DISCUSS] Your support needed: Internet in Yemen under assault

/*** Apologies for cross-posting ***/

Dear friends and colleagues,

Those of you who followed the news lately may have heard about the intensifying conflict in Yemen, which has led to the blocking of of many news and dissident websites.

Here's a story reflecting some of what happened:

http://www.albawaba.com/news/anti-houthi-websites-blocked-yemen-674404

This is unprecedented and unacceptable. It obliged us as ISOC-Yemen to formally launch a campaign starting with the below statement (both in English and Arabic), which is to be widely circulated and published on our Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/isoc.ye/photos/a.366179743512967.1073741827.183351058462504/641852185945720/

I'd appreciate your support by sharing, liking, commenting or take any other actions you can to help our campaign. You can also re-publish the text freely on your platforms.

Our intention is to stress that Internet access should not tampered with by those involved in the conflict because it severely affects the confidence of end-users in the Internet as a whole and their ability to use it effectively.

Thanks in advance for your support during those very difficult times in Yemen.

Sincerely,

Walid Al-Saqaf

Chair, ISOC-Yemen

  <http://t.signalecinque.com/e1t/o/5/f18dQhb0S7ks8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9gXrN7sKj6v4dZ14W63RyC23Lr71xN5wLPS8QFLCHW1t4L0x1k1H6H0?si=4815485689397248&pi=385e8a5b-e63b-4792-d336-c37e3ac40fcb>