[NCUC-DISCUSS] Privacy concern regarding survey results

Walid AL-SAQAF wsaqaf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 16:45:07 CEST 2015

Dear friends,

Soon, the Member Engagement Team (MAT) will soon be publicly releasing a
document containing the NCUC member engagement survey results. However, one
particular concern has emerged.

Open text questions in the survey allowed respondents to write what they
had in mind and some provided names of individuals and other information
that could reveal their identity.

I plan to edit or even remove those privacy-breaching comments in their
entirety. It is a bit of a dilemma because some of those who did write
those comments also included their names and I expect them to have done so
because they want their comments to be heard and accounted for. Others may
be more reserved and prefer to having them removed.

So if you are among the respondents who have mentioned your name and want
your comment NOT be removed nor edited in a particular way, please contact
me.

Otherwise, the comments that I deem too revealing would be edited with a
note next to it saying that it was removed/edited for privacy concerns.

I hope to get your responses within a week from now to allow time for
finalizing and distribution of the survey before ICANN53.

Sincerely,

Walid Al-Saqaf
NCUC MAT Coordinator