[NCUC-DISCUSS] Welcome new NCUC members

Maryam Bakoshi maryam.bakoshi at icann.org
Mon Jul 13 11:18:13 CEST 2015

Hi,

We are also delighted to welcome to NCUC:

James Losey        Sweden

With this addition, we are now 427 members from 100 countries, including 108 noncommercial organizations and 319 individuals.

Greetings to you, great to have you on board.  Please feel free to introduce yourself to colleagues here and share any particular interests and activities related to NCUC, ICANN, etc.

Just a reminder, the ncsg-discuss list is for stakeholder group-wide discussions, mostly with respect to GNSO issues and processes, while this ncuc-discuss list is for the constituency only and focuses on our internal views and positions on these and other ICANN/Internet governance matters, as well as our intra-organizational development.

You’re joining at a busy moment as we prepare for the Annual Meeting in Dublin in October.  There’s a lot going on at the moment with our involvement in the IANA transition, accountability, privacy, human rights, and various other topics.  In the fall, after Dublin, NCUC will have its annual election; NCSG’s will be prior.

In addition to the NCSG pointers Rafik provided in his post, if you have the time and interest in getting a bit more background, you might want to poke around in

www.ncuc.org<http://www.ncuc.org>

Much more to come….

On behalf of: Bill

Many thanks,