[NCUC-DISCUSS] Regional Outreach Sessions During ICANN Meetings

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 13:24:58 CET 2015

Completely agree and happy to help organising this with full force for
Buenos Aires/Latin America. It is an excellent opportunity to work on some
needed outreach in the region.
Marília

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 8:09 AM, "Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" <
wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> this old idea is worth to recycle again and again. It SHOULD become a
> regular event (and would give NCUC the needed profile and reputation within
> the broader ICANN community as a constructive partner). I propose to do it
> always (if possible) in close cooperation with the local university or
> other academic institutions. Other partners could be the ccTLD in the
> country and the relevant ISOC chapter. This would be also a good step to
> promote the launch of national Multistakeholder Platforms, as recommended
> by NetMundial and supported by ICANN.
>
> BA is a good point to start. Dublin (Trinity College?) is another
> opportunity.
>
> wolfgang

*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora - Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio
Researcher and Coordinator - Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law
School
http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts

DiploFoundation associate - www.diplomacy.edu
PoliTICs Magazine Advisory Committee - http://www.politics.org.br/
Subscribe "Digital Rights: Latin America & the Caribbean" -
http://www.digitalrightslac.net/en