[NCUC-DISCUSS] Schnidt says it's over

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri Jan 23 23:24:31 CET 2015

At 22:14 23/01/2015, Joly MacFie wrote:
>Didn't exactly say it's over, Dee Dee. Said it
>will become invisible and taken for granted.

There are three multitechnology visions that
proceed from IEN 48 (Vint Cerf, 1978) upto RFC
6852 (IEEE, IAB, IETF, ISOC, W3C):

- by NTIA followed by USIETF
http://www.ietf.org/blog/2015/01/ (Governments vs. ITU)
- by WEF/CGI.BR/ICANN (private sector) : Rosettanet, Google, Netflix, etc...
- by FLOSS http://iuwg.net (IUsers vs civil society).

>I don't know if he still says it, but Vint - no
>doubt as a parent aware of its fragility, when
>prognosticating used to constantly refer to it
>as "the Internet, or whatever replaces it."​

The IEN 48 Vint Cerf's proposition is excellent
but was delayed by NTIA as non-NSA compatible (so
they made us to stay with the internet as a
compromise). Snowden helped the USG make the US
political class understand they had not
understood the US best interest. It helped also
to create some confusion among States, suspicions
in private sector and confusion in civil society.

So far Lawrence Strickling plays well. However as
not being an US citizen, I beg to differ from his
world e-clonization strategy :-)
jfc