[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Info] Welcome to new NCUC members December 2015

GZ Kabir gzkabir at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 08:52:01 CET 2015

Dear Rafik and all fellow NCUC member,

Thank you very much. I feel really honoured to be on board. I’ve been to
ICANN54 Dublin to get acquainted  with ICANN activities in policy making.
The world in those 5 days proved to me very interesting and wished to join
the community. Look how luck I AM !!!

I belong to a very small Internet community in Bangladesh. I work for
BDCOM, a nearly 19 years old ICT Service provider in Bangladesh and my job
function includes System Integration and Technical Management of the
company. Mainly dealing with Corporate sector to meet their ICT
requirements in the country. My origin is from hardcore System
Administration area in ISPs.

Other than my desk job I am pretty engaged with SANOG since 2005 and now
acting as the Co-Chair of SANOG. I am also the Chair of Fellowship
Committee and Moderator of the Program Committee and other regular
functions like the maintenance of site (www.sanog.org) and all the lists of
this forum. Other than this I am also a member of Fellowship Committee of
APRICOT since 2011. Also, under NSRC umbrella, as Workshop Instructor, I do
present in most of the SANOG and APRICOT events in recent years. I am also
engaged as a Trustee and EC member in bdNOG, BDCERT, ISPAB; actively
engaged with BDIX activities and some other very active organizations in
Bangladesh. A member of ISOC Dhaka chapter.

So, most of the off-desk engagements are with organising forums. Mostly
never to any policy making activities. Therefore, being a new member in
this arena, I think, I will be mostly learning and participating in
discussions. I will be more than happy to contribute, mostly in the server
side technical discussions where end users choice is dominant.

Whatsoever, dear Group, thanks again for giving me this enormous
opportunity. Hope to be very active shortly, and again, would appreciate if
I could be directed and engaged to any specific tasks or assignments.

Thanks and regards,
Gazi Zehadul Kabir
GM & Head of System Integration
BDCOM ONLINE LTD.
Cell : +880-173-0041-455

“Please consider the environment before you print this email”