[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Info] Welcome to new NCUC members December 2015

Shane Kerr shane at time-travellers.org
Mon Dec 7 18:15:45 CET 2015

Dear Rafik and other fellow NCUC members,

At 2015-12-07 21:18:27 +0900
Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am happy as first task as chair to welcome our new NCUC members.

Thanks! It is good to be aboard. :)

> Please feel free to introduce yourself to colleagues here and share
> any particular interests and activities related to NCUC, ICANN, etc.

I'm a long-time ICANN skeptic (like 15+ years of skepticism). I come
from a mostly technical background, focusing in DNS for the past few
years (running and writing DNS servers, working on the protocol, and so
on).

I was at the ICANN meeting in Dublin and sat in the NCSG session just
to see what was going on. I was pleased to see the NCSG-related work
that seems to be going on in accountability and in other areas. I
mentioned this to several people afterwards, and a couple of NCUC
members (you know who you are) suggested that the NCUC could use more
technical people.

I'm happy to help as best I can, hopefully more on the side of
providing some input from the technical community and not so much on
the policy development side. ;) Feel free to contact me here or directly
for any reason.

Cheers,

--
Shane