[NCUC-DISCUSS] Revising the NCUC Bylaws

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Aug 9 16:34:28 CEST 2015

Hi,

The point is, unless it revises it charter to conform to the NCSG
charter, NCUC is not properly chartered.
This remains a liability. In fact had the NCSG Executive Community done
its chartered duty of periodically reviewing Constituencies for
conformity to the NCSG charter and for viability, we would have already
been cited and put on warning.  We are also lucky that the Board's SIC
has never decided to undertake such a review.

When we mix the NCSG compliance issues with other desires, the
discussion get confusing.  One we need to do, one we might want to do.
One is rather quick and easy, and one is possibly hopelessly complicated.

Somewhere someone  spoke about those eager to do something about this.
I tried once to fix the NCSG computability issue, but the effort was
abandoned after people decided to mix fixes that were necessary for
conformity with the NCSG charter and aspirational improvements.  We
essentially completed the work necessary for NCSG compliance, though it
never got a review or scrubbing.

I am not volunteering for this task.  I think I already did it once.
What I have volunteered for is to be a voice that periodically reminds
us of work we have not done that we need to do. I do this at least once
a year, often at election time. The NCUC charter needs to be brought
into compliance with the NCSG charter.  Everything else is aspirational
gravy.

avri