[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Delegate to the ICANN 2016 NominatingCommittee

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Wed Aug 5 21:03:15 CEST 2015

Fully agree and I think that Bills notification to the list of the upcoming selection requirement was that open call for nominations from the NCUC community, to create the shortlist that the EC will then make its selection from.
That was my reading of his initial email at any rate and my response was to suggest I echoed AE's interest in having Bill run for this crucial position for NCUC given that his term as Chair was coming to an end. I don’t think anyone was suggesting an appointment by acclimation merely that a large volume of us were nominating Bills candidature for this role to be considered by the EC in line with the current charter process.

So I would suggest that the initial email from Bill was exactly that open call for candidates who fulfil the selection criteria set out in the bylaws for NomCom appointees and that it was a process open to everyone who is on this list and was thus notified.

-James